So I’ve been doing this in a notebook for awhile now but I figured I should share since it works so well for me. At the beginning of each week or month, I come up some goals and a plan for how to reach them. Then I revisit my goals each week and answer some reflection questions. Here it is for the month of May, and I’ll be posting every Tuesday with a weekly check in.
May Goals (long term)
- Be 110 lbs by the end of May (lose 2 lbs per week)
- Run a 6:30 mile
- Make it completely through the Insanity Cardio Power video
In order to achieve these goals I will:
- Plan my meals 2 to 3 days in advance and stick with it
- Get exercise every day (even if it’s yoga or a walk)
- Eat 2 fruits/veggies every day
So the weekly check in questions are:
- What positives are there from the previous week that you can build on?
- What could be improved or needs work?
- Are there any concerns/challenges you have for the upcoming week? (Ex: a party, picnic, vacation etc)
- How are you measuring progress for the goals you set and what changes have you seen? (e.g. weight loss on scale, non-scale victories [loose pants], faster mile, longer runs, more reps, etc)
- What is one thing you can do this week to really make an extra effort or go the extra mile?
- What methods/approaches have you been using? What works and what doesn’t work? (ex: running every day is making me too tired so I need to back off; doing 20 min of yoga in the morning is great or maybe I need to move it to the afternoon)
- How are your energy levels and general health?
- Any ideas you want to share with the tumblr community or great tips you’ve been using?
I’ll be posting my updates every week (my first one will be tomorrow) and I’d love to see you guys doing it too! It really helps to keep you on track. Please like or reblog so that others can participate! Tag them #weekly check in